Ideally located between Carcassonne and Foix but also Mirepoix and Montsegur, camping La Regate gives you easy access to many places of discovery and points magnificent views..
Must, not to be missed
Towns and Cities Medieval
- The medieval city of Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage
- The Bastide of Mirepoix, medieval town with its cathedral and timbered houses including its famous Maison des Consuls
- The fortified village of Camon, a village of a hundred roses, built around a former Benedictine abbey
- The City of Saint-Lizier, ancient Gallo-Roman city with its palace of the bishops, its cathedral and cloister
Castles and Churches
- Castle of Montsegur,, "the" ultimate Cathar castle located to 1207 m altitude, Historical Monument
- The Rock Church Vals, troglodyte church, sanctuary carved into the rock and Romanesque frescoes
- Castle Roquefixade, resting on top of an impressive cliff, opposite the fortress of Montsegur.
- The Château de Foix, iconic building built on a limestone rock
- Puivert Castle, located in the building of Quercorb, countries Chalabre Aude
- Castle Museum of Prehistory of Bélesta
- Château de Lagarde, built in the eleventh century on a hill near Mirepoix
Caves and Rivers
- Cave Niaux, famous Paleolithic cave that spans nearly two miles
- Grotte du Mas d'Azil, the Mecca of prehistory, a real wonder of nature
- La Lombrives Cave, the largest cave in Europe
- Grotte de la Vache, refuge hunters Magdalenians
- Subterranean River Labouiche, classified site, visit 60 meters underground...
Waterfalls and Fountains
- Fountain Fontestorbes, intermittent fountain, and broadband, unique hydrological phenomenon in the world, near Bélesta
- The site of Roquefort-les-Cascades, outstanding natural geological curiosity
Parks and Museums
- Les Forges de Pyrene, discovery of the Ariege in the old museum of old crafts, iron and ages of life
- The Prehistoric Park
- Park for Bamboo, remarkable garden with its groomed trails
Paths and Trails
- Labyrinthe Vert, near Nébias, magical nature trail through a maze of spectacular rock
- Green Lane, former railroad became dirt road between Mirepoix and Lavelanet the path Filatiers is on foot, bike or horse
Nearby, you can visit the major attractions that abound Ariège and Aude, you walk in unusual places or hike along beautiful natural paths:: Cathar castles, medieval towns, caves, waterfalls, fountains, parks and museums...